Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the big move

Christmas isn't the ideal time to move. Moving in a storm isn't ideal either. Moving to a house that's not quite finished isn't probably a good idea. Moving, then having Christmas, then going out of town 2 days later isn't the best idea either. Getting home from vacation and preparing for a new school less than 48 hours later can get a little hectic. Aren't our lives EXCITING! It turns out driving 12 hours to get to my brother's wedding was a little stressful. Do you know that parts of this country got 57 inches of snow in 12 days? We happen to drive right to that area. Stores were being shut down for collapsed roofs--pretty crazy. The miracle is we did it all and are still alive. There was only one small accident when my dad backed his tractor into our car while clearing the driveway (tractors are needed for very long driveways in the country). I suppose its not very funny, but it makes me laugh thinking about it.

Anyway, as of last night we have closet shelves installed in 2 out of 6 closets. The others have no rods and no shelves which is continuing to make the house messy. Oh well, come what may and love it right? We hope that the dryer outlet will get swapped out for a new one today so that we can finally do laundry.

Isn't it so beautiful. Its definitely my favorite room. Its so nice to be able to fit our table in its own spot. The skylight gives some great light too. You'd be surprised how much I had to clean just to get this picture. Other pictures may be weeks away.

15 comments:

LL said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!
can't wait to see the rest.

Jodi said...

AAAAHHHH! It turned out beautiful, didn't it? Yeah!

Trueman twins said...

Oh it is so beautiful! What a great kitchen.
I am so glad that you guys got home safe and sound. Maybe next year at Christmastime will be a little less hectic?!
Can't wait for more pictures!

nanci said...

What a fantastic kitchen. The rest of the house must look great also.

Glad you're home safe and sound and trying to get settled in.

What a wonderful way to start the New Year!

leigh said...

yay! it looks so nice. It's such a great house!

Jan said...

How pretty, Jamie!! I love it!!

Leah said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm quite jealous! I'm glad you're enjoying your new home.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful kitchen, I love the island. Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the house!

Renee said...

Wow Jamie! What a gorgeous kitchen! I can see why it is your favorite room. It looks wonderful! I am so happy you are loving your new home and enjoying your new neighborhood. We miss your family, but are so happy for you! Take Care. Renee

Swimmingmom said...

Ok finally, I've tried posting a comment for a couple of days now and finally the computer is allowing me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! What a great kitchen and such a nice space. Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't think it would be that nice. That's cool Jamie.

Jen said...

Kitchen's beautiful! Hope you survive the rest of the unpacking and adjustment. Life is never scheduled perfectly (or anywhere near perfectly for that matter). We need to get together...I'll email ya!

Christy said...

I'm so glad for you! A kitchen is mom's domain..it is so important to feel happy and comfortable! (helps the food taste better)

Angela said...

We are loking forward to our tour!

tralina said...

Thanks so much! Sorry we didn't help clean up. Love the idea of Cleaver Productions, and your production models, they certainly are inventive!!