Thursday, May 29, 2008

Order Your Care Bear Swing Today






We've just discovered that Alex is very project oriented. He's always asking things like, "do we have a box without a lid" or "I'm looking for another one of these" as he holds up the end of a toilet paper roll. I was a little surprised the other day when I came downstairs and found him swinging his care bear from the ceiling. "It worked! Look Mom." He had been talking about making a Care Bear Swing for the last week but I didn't really encourage the project since there is always a big mess that goes with it that usually trails throughout the house. A few weeks before the swing he asked me if I'd teach him to sew. So he hand sewed a Care Bear backpack. He is now working on making a guitar. I guess I'll have to learn some patience with these projects since he clearly learns best this way. It just occurred to me that there might be some connection between creating and taking apart every toy he can find that has screws. Hmmmm.

5 comments:

emily said...

me and alex should get together sometime to take things apart :)
-emily

katie said...

I didn't know Alex was such a creative kid. What a cutie!

polka dots said...

Cute blog Jamie. Thanks for inviting me. Happy to keep up with your fam.

Swimmingmom said...

That's so cute! How creative. There may be a mess, but at least he's occupied!

LL said...

so CUTE and very creative!!! i love how little brains work.