Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec 2

Dear J, K, A, G, K, and B,

Hey I didn't realize youhad two new additions to the family. Two more people for me to watch throughout the day--SNARKLES! (that's equivalent to your yay or hooray).

Did I ever tell you about Marv, the penguin who always walked backward? No, I didn't think I had. Well, Marvander Harold Schnelp, his real name, was born to Clive and Mattie Schnelp on the North Pole. I know, you thought penguins only lived on the South Pole. Its true that there weren't any penguins on the North Pole until the Schnelp and Shiffle families emmigrated 50 years ago. Even to this day they get a little nervous when they hear that explorers are close to the North Pole. We keep reassurring them that they don't need to hide because of the North Pole Security Act which prompted the building of a state of the art sheild that keeps the North Pole invisible. If you sailed near the pole you wouldn't see a city at all, all you'd see is one medium sized iceberg surrounded by water. I know what you're thinking: what happens if the North Pole gets hit by a ship because its surrounded by water? Well, I'll tell you why. Its because of my friends the Hemmboggs, whose only job is to sit around in the water and gently nudge the ships away from the pole. They are huge, soft, strong creatures whose strength together is greater than that of even the largest cargo ship (which clearly stay away from icebergs). The Hemmboggs love the water and are always excited to use their strength, though they are careful to never tip ships over. They are very gentle and sensitive. I've seen them cry when my nephew Gunther accidentally squished an artic pill bug. Hemmboggs are big, gentle, scary looking (at times) cry babies.

Love, YFE
Only 23 days 'til Christmas. Have you gotten any gifts for anyone yet?

No comments: