Sunday, April 11, 2010

LOOK

I was reading a childrens book to Grant a few months ago called How Big is the World. I didn't really find the book interesting until I read "the more you look, the more you will see." For some reason that one line really got my wheels turning. I thought of how sometimes my thought process is pretty negative. When I look for the bad I always find it. There is always something to be anxious about, mad about or annoyed about if I'm looking for it. I think I naturally look for the negative. The other option and the higher brain path would be to look for the good. Its really not hard to see the beauty around me, the good that goes on in this home, the good qualities of others if I just LOOK for them. "Seek and ye shall find" comes to mind.

3 comments:

LL said...

SUCH a great reminder!!! love it.

Amanda said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I needed this.

Trueman twins said...

Yesterday at our presidency meeting Renee gave the thought and it was about "Attitude of Gratitude." If you have a positive attitude and look for the good in a situation life will be so much happier. Sometimes it is easier to find the bad, but if we look there is always a silver lining.