Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1 finished goal

So far the people I admire the most don't like it, BUT I DO! Its true its a little bright (I was hoping to find a lot lighter, creamier color but settled for this in a fit of impatience).

This is my first sewing project with an actual lining in it. Kind of tricky, but I think I'll probably live long enough to try another lining.

If you decide in your future to make a coat here are some words of advice:

  • Don't mark the buttonholes with a permanent marker, even if you've worked on it for 20 hours and you just want to get the darn thing done.
  • Don't wear it to church without first remembering that you have a needle attached to a 10 inch piece of thread dangling from the hem. Its embarrassing, especially when you're hoping nobody will ask if you made it-its a dead give away.







13 comments:

Cheri said...

SO so cute!

LL said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!
I like it~

sara said...

It looks great Jamie! I never would've thought it was homemade. And I like the bright color.

tralina said...

I like it. Salmon is a great color on you, and it's lined? Wow. How long did it take you to finish? And how is your morning dinner making going?

Eli and Candace said...

I love the color on you! I would have left the needle and thread in on purpose just to prove that I could make something like that.

Eli wants me to make a pillow out of crown royal bags, we probably have enough that you could make yourself another coat. It could be for your late nights out at the club. HA!

Charlotte said...

Love it! I want one. Feel free to make me one. I'm sure the 2nd time around will be easier and faster :)

Amanda said...

Holy Cow! It would have never NEVER entered my mind that making a coat is something a person could do. Way to go. It looks great!

birdeeb said...

That coat is AWESOME! I want one!! Needle included please...haha jk ;o)

jhoopes said...

I LOVE it! So cute and sylin'. Love the blouse underneath, too. And so impressed that you made it. Woo hoo! Congrats on getting it done!

Swimmingmom said...

You're amazing! I love it!

katie said...

I am really impressed that you were able to make that. I think you did a really nice job on it.

Trueman twins said...

So Cute. Love the bright color. It makes me think of SPRING! What an accomplishment!!

Angela said...

Um LOVE IT!!!