Monday, January 18, 2010

so many reasons to like this guy


I walked into the house a few nights ago and found Carl doing an Indian dance complete with Indian whoops while Katie played "Indian Song." It was so funny! I catch him doing stuff like that all the time.


I thought it would be a good time to list a few remembrances so I can reread them on irritable days--you know those days you remember every frustrating thing you spouse ever did wrong.



  • singing the alphabet song with the syllables "goo goo, gah gah." The youngest two frequently request this for a lullaby

  • Carl singing to me "just put one foot in front of the other" (from Santa Claus is Coming to Town) while shuffling around the floor. He was singing it to me because I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. It made me laugh and forget whatever it was I was frustrated with

  • walking into the bathroom to find Carl fixing Katie's hair--he does a really great job!

  • Singing "happy birthday to you" to the kids as a lullaby

  • sitting on the floor reading a book to all 4 kids

  • cooking without expecting any help-he does this all the time. I'm a much more resentful cook and always think if I'm working everyone else should be too--I'm trying to get over it

  • fixing household items without being asked, or only being asked once--okay, not all the time, but its good to be positive

  • playing video games until 1am with Jordan as "bonding time"

  • Taking kids to work with him some Saturdays (don't feel bad for me, he doesn't work every Saturday)

  • enlisting the kids to help cook-they usually like cooking with him

  • hiding butterfingers in my sock drawer for me after one of his shopping trips (the "will you pick up some tortilla shells on your way home from work" trips)

  • coloring with the kids-he really gets into it

Anyone who knows Carl knows he's a great guy! He's not at all intimidating and has zero hard feelings against anyone. He amazes me and makes me laugh. Is he perfect-no! but hopefully I'll never get in the mood to post his imperfections.


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Bennett requests Happy Birthday before bed. I just thought he was weird, but I guess Carl is wierd too:)

tralina said...

You have the greatest post ideas! I agree Karl is a great guy, which contributes greatly to your family happiness. You are also a fantastic, positive, creative, honest mom, and the combination of you two, plus some pretty incredible children, makes for one happy family! We're glad to know you!

Trueman twins said...

What a great post! I love all of those special moments that we take for granted and forget so quickly.

katie said...

Glad you married him! He is a great guy.

Eli and Candace said...

I'm sure Eli would love to bond with Carl and Jordan until 1am playing video games.

The idea of you sitting down at your computer, fuming mad and listing Carl's imperfections makes me giggle. Eli better mind his p's and q's now that the idea is in my head.

birdeeb said...

I am glad you found someone amazing ;o) My hubby is pretty amazing too ;o)