Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 goals

I love making goals every January. What I love even better is looking over last years goals and checking to see what I accomplished on the list. I like this better than keeping my list with me all throughout the year. Sometimes looking at what I'm not getting done on a regular basis makes me anxious and sometimes guilty. So when I looked around this morning trying to find my 2009 goals, I realized I didn't make any. Probably the first year in 13 years. I guess it wasn't at the top of my list since we had just moved in. Here are some of my 2010 goals.

  • blog about Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving 2009
  • make 3 quilts (Jordan, Alex and Grant)
  • finish sewing jacket
  • read 30 books, at least 10 not novels
  • lose 10 pounds (I feel a love handle coming on)
  • acquire 5 more piano students
  • make at least 2 extra house payments
  • put together a preschool program for Grant (urgent)

21 day program-I decided instead of trying to improve several things about myself at once, I'll work on one thing at a time in 21 day increments, since they say 21 days in a row is a good amount of time to start a habit. Here are some of the things I've wanted to become better at:

  • looking at people when they are talking to me
  • speaking positively about people
  • making dinner every morning
  • smile more

10 comments:

LL said...

I really like the 21 day program idea. What a great way to not feel overwhelmed with new goals.
Thanks for sharing~they all sound good!

sara said...

That's a great list. Tacking things in 21-day increments is a good idea.

My sister-in-law uses a joy school curriculum she found online called Mother Goose something; I think it's only $60 for either a semester or the whole year's worth of stuff and they send you a packet for each week with all kinds of cute stuff ready to go. She has loved it for her kids and they get together, joy-school-style, with 6 or 7 other kids. FYI!

Leah said...

Great goals! If you get your 5 new students, what will your total be?

Libby said...

Great goals! I always end up making the same goals over and over again. I like your 21 day plan--it feels more do-able.

katie said...

I like the way you go about setting them. It is really easy to get anxious about goals. Good luck, I think you'll do a good job.

Renee said...

I love knowing you Jamie! You are so amazing! Love your goals and know you'll have a GREAT 2010!!!!

jhoopes said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I love making goals, too, but once I get going, it's hard to stop (so much to do/improve!!!)!! I like the 21 day idea. I maybe can be better at being more patient for 21 days first. :)

Charlotte said...

Good for you! Those are all excellent goals. You are one ambitious woman.

Swimmingmom said...

Wow, that's quite a list! You lose 10 lbs?! Good luck with all of your goals. Way to work on constantly improving yourself!!!!

Trueman twins said...

The best thing about a list is being able to cross things completed off! I love the one thing at a time for 21 days rather than trying to do it all and being too overwhelmed.