Thursday, November 13, 2008

goodbye halloween

Our two decorations: the Halloween sign and Alex's school pumpkin.

I had the kids put on their costumes again this week so we could finally get some pictures. We have been so busy with life (a later post) that we didn't even get to carve our 1 and only pumpkin. We did go trick or treating in the best trick-or-treating weather in the history of the world (it was in the 60s all night) but somehow didn't get pictures taken. So here are the costumes. We're planning on taking down the rest of the Halloween stuff (the two decorations that we have) today.





Grant the frog.







Our crying cowboy-Alex. He didn't like the alternative hat.



Jordan-any number of Star Wars characters. Its totally wrinkled because he had stuffed it in the closet after Halloween.
Katie decided to be a cat instead of Alice in Wonderland because she didn't want me to have to sew another costume-wasn't that nice?

6 comments:

Trueman twins said...

Katie really is so thoughtful and I love the boots on Alex. What great weather. We had coats on but it was in the 50's not so freezing.

emily said...

katie is SO nice. i wonder how people are made like that!!

Andy said...

I like them all! They all definitely seem like cool costumes, did you make them all? What was wrong with Alex's hat?

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Fantastic that you made the costumes. I remember making costumes and then having the children decide at the last minute that they needed more of something to complete the outfit. I once told Howard that I loved to sew, just not on a time table and not on demand. I think that is the only time that I do sew though.

Leah said...

I just love the costumes! That was very sweet of Katie to be kind to her momma!

Christy said...

I remember the cowboy gear you made her a couple years ago! Isn't is nice to reuse it.