Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts




I'm figuring out something about myself. I love thoughtful gifts from my kids. I got nothing for Mother's Day that I can use this week but these little cards from my kids make me feel so happy.

Katie made me a hardbound book at school called My Mama Knows Her ABC's. All misspellings have been preserved.
Its "dedicated to my only loving mother." Here it is:

Always exercising
Being nice
Cleaning is her sport (really?)
Dad loves her
Exited for cleaning
Fun on Saturday
Great cook
Her hair is short (its actually quite long for me)
I love her
Joyful all the time (that makes me giggle-its not true)
Kisses xXx (Nacho Libre style, she pointed out when I was reading it)
Mom is her name
Nothing but love (ha ha ha)
On the go
Peacemaker for the family
Quite (she said this was supposed to say cute) and nice
Read nice
Smooth hair
Tidies the house
Understands everyone (not every family member agrees with this statement)
Volunteers for everything (if she only knew)
Wakes up on time (true)
XOX I love you
You love us
Zooming to my brothers room




Here's the card from Jordan:
I feel dlighted when you surprise me on my birthday.
I feel visious when you yell at me. P.S. It almost never happons. (Ha ha ha)
I feel stupendous whe I get my allowance.
I feel weary when I have to wake up.
Alex colored me a picture and gave me a stamp of his hands with a poem attached. Grant's gift was a piece of colored wood. They made me get back in bed so they could bring me in breakfast. While I was opening the gifts Grant kept saying, "can I have some eggs mom?" They're so cute and nice some days.





4 comments:

Tami said...

Priceless! Happy Mother's Day to a woman who inspires me to be a better mother!

Renee said...

Love the Mother's Day card quotes!! Don't you love what our kids come up with! The Primary had the kids make cards and Ruthie wrote that I was as brave as a BUFFALO!! Gee, what a lovely thing to be compared to~a smelly, hairy, scary creature!! That was almost as good as Michael's poem of the meanings of the letters that make MOTHER-- "Michael Only Teases His Elderly Renee". Ahhh, the things our kids say that make us feel so very loved! Have a great day and keep smiling Jamie. Renee

Swimmingmom said...

Those are great cards! How special. I'm totally stealing that ABC book idea for a future father's day!!!!

Trueman twins said...

Love the cards! The cleaning is her sport cracks me up!