Sunday, May 31, 2009

MOVIE LINES

We were playing games with some friends today when Carl said, out of the blue, "I love music mommy," in a monotone voice. One of our friends laughed because she knew where the line came from--the Music Man.

It made me think of other the lines we often quote. This is only a small portion of regularly quoted lines.

"Beeg Kees, Leetle Hug" -Nacho Libre
"Now George!" -Music Man
"Crimenitly Trigger, put that pee shooter down." -Robin Hood
"It was a false lie." -The King and I
"Where's my beddy bye basket?" -The Aristocats
"death comes unexpectedly" -Pollyana
"you put one foot in front of the other..." -Santa Clause is Coming to Town
"Hurry along ladies!" -Music Man (watched that a lot growing up)

So it was funny a few weeks ago when I walked into the kitchen wearing a new shirt and Jordan said, "I like your sleeves." I told him thanks and continued doing what I was doing. He said, "No mom, your suppose to say, 'I made them myself.'" That's a line from Napoleon Dynamite. Its nice to know he's following the movie line tradition.

4 comments:

Swimmingmom said...

Funny. I think I would lose at that came. I never recognize anything except for "Fat guy in a little coat" . Tommy Boy. No longer a part of our movie collection though. It's hard to move on!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny..we do the same thing, we are always using movie lines in every day conversation..it's fun

the other emily said...

Ha ha ha! Ye Gads! and You watch your phraseology...

birdeeb said...

I love that! My faves are from the movie Overboard...there are a ton in that movie LOL... Here are some I quote:

"You know FORKS were invented so man can at least make a pretense of separating himself from the apes!" -Overboard

"Grant I left my wedding ring on the deck!"-Overboard

"Grant mentioned having a baby again...what should I do?"
"Well if you have a baby you won't be the baby anymore..."-Overbaord

"Joanna who cares what some Elk Snout Mountain man thinks of you!"-Overboard

"Uh what a horrible wig..."-Overboard


"Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were BORN to stand out?"-What a Girl Wants

"Are you always this ugly to people you just met or are you practicin' up to be a horses butt?"-Man in the Moon with Reese Witherspoon (that movie makes me cry everytime!)