Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Weekend Project










Unlike the last post, I thought about this project for a couple of weeks and finished it a few days. Sometimes when I look at it I think, "I should really work on THAT flower for a while." Seriously though, its been a month since I finished it I'm still tired of it and don't think I have it in me to keep working on it.




By the way, here's our living room.



I love the unusual fireplace and the skylights.
This very great priced couch was the perfect fit for the room and gives so much more seating than we've ever had before. Incidentally it is the first couch we have ever purchased.

9 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! Next post is a tutorial on how to copy it, right?? :)

Andy said...

really first couch? It looks pretty comfortable...nice paintings!

katie said...

Wow! I'm impressed Jamie. I really love your painting. I hope your new counch is really comfy so i can sleep on it when I come over. i hope you didn't get rid of the old one.

Ashley said...

I think I was in the middle of telling Andy that I wanted to try to paint, when he was looking at your blog with your new paintings. They look great! Is it on canvas? You'll have to let me know where to get everything.

Jamie said...

Ashley, I'll teach you everything I know--just know its not much.

Ashley said...

haha k

Charlotte said...

I didn't know you were an artist! I noticed that painting in an early blog and thought it was a Leslie Graff production. What a talented woman you are!

Trueman twins said...

I noticed the flowers in a prior post and thought, "I bet she painted that!" Great job I love it. The couch is awesome too and fits perfectly. Hey from here it looks great. I wouldn't change a flower! But I know how you feel I look at the huge picture I have above our couch and think oh I messed up there or should have done this or that. It is a Happy picture!

tralina said...

I didn't know you painted too!! Wow, I just love the touch of color! It's perfect for that room. I am truly amazed!!