Thursday, June 4, 2009

getting the hang of couponing

After a couple of months of couponing I'm finally getting it. These are some great deals I've found recently

Best Foods Mayo-$-0.12 to $0.88
Wheat Thins $0.47 and $0.86
Triscuits $0.47
Whole Grain Ritz $0.75
Life Cereal $0.49


Lessons learned:
  • find a good website that does all the work for you (I love pinchingyourpennies.com)
  • hole punch coupon booklets and put them in a 3 ring binder (I have my coupon dates (the date of the paper) tabbed with sticky notes to find stuff quickly)
  • only buy stuff you actually WANT to eat--turns out to be a money saver
  • its fine to buy junk you only take on camping trips an picnics as long as you sneak them into the highest shelf of the storage room
  • saving coupons takes time. Some great deals are from coupons printed 2 months ago
  • printable coupons usually save you more money than newspaper ones

Days 1 and 2 of SPRING CLEAN






closet 1 before


after--20 minutes for cupboards and drawers. I started with the smallest projects.

Closet 2-after (we have two closets that look exactly the same. I was so excited to clean this closet out that I forgot to take a before picture. 3o minutes for cupboards and drawers. Yippee. I'm already happier opening it.




3 comments:

Katie said...

Good job, Jamie. I'm glad you are buying things that you actually want now.

Angela said...

Yep thats the trick. You have some good ideas! I am going to look up that web site thanks!!!

birdeeb said...

You are so amazing! I need you to come help my plant from closing it's doors...LOL ;o) You know what I mean I hope haha ;o)