Monday, June 8, 2009

The OATH

Schools out and today was our first summer day. It became necessary to have my children take the oath.

Repeat after me:
I, state your name, solemnly swear that I will not run upstairs, pinch, hit or bite my siblings. I promise that if I want to be wild I will go downstairs or outside. I promise that I will not run around the house acting like a part of a ruccusy circus (I was running out of sense on that last part).

They were laughing so hard they barely finished the oath. So it worked I guess.

The problem was I forgot to include "thou shalt not ride down the stairs in a pillowcase or any thing like unto it."

OH DEAR!

How am I going to last through the summer? I woke up with a such a good attitude but it has blown away like the cotton from our neighbors obnoxious Cottonwood Tree and has spread itself all along my other neighbors fence. Maybe I can pick it all up and try again tomorrow.

8 comments:

Trueman twins said...

Just like you to make something so silly and fun! You are so creative. I think we might have to do an oath that includes I will not say that I am bored, have nothing to do etc...Only 8 1/2 more days of freedom for me...oops I mean until they have their freedom.

LL said...

We still have three weeks.
I'm READY for summer...I like the oath idea!
very cute~

Christy said...

Hey Jamie! I've so missed keeping up on your blog the last couple months..just didn't have the energy. We still miss your family a ton. I am always trying to recreate our summer "school" lessons, not qutie the same though. Give us some ideas since you are a few weeks ahead of the suumer games than we are. Pillowcases down the stairs hmmmm? That might not be so bad! love ya

jhoopes said...

That is hilarious! And SO clever!! LOVE your blog. I'm trying to get the hang of couponing, too--have been for a while. It's like a hobby or a part-time job! Thanks for the tips--I will have to remember them. How fun that you came to Seattle, too! You were oh so close! We attend church in the chapel by the temple! FUN!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, cute blog. You have a great looking family.

I love the oath!

Amanda said...

Jamie, all we can do is keep trying right? Caseys car has been broke so I've been homebound and it makes me wonder how people who home school and have their kids all the time do it. Don't get me wrong I love them, but they really can be little devils. Oh and I think pillow case sledding is a perfectly acceptable summertime activity:)

Charlotte said...

If you find a survival method, please let me know. I spent most of this week swearing under my breath.

birdeeb said...

LOL! You are so cute Jaime!