Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SPRING CLEANING--NOT TOO LATE

While getting ready to have dinner on Sunday with a family in our neighborhood I found myself quickly clearing pretty much every flat surface in the house. Its amazing how quickly they pile with stuff. The husband of this family is a little on the OCD side and I was worried all my piles were going to drive him nuts. I even cleaned the cluttered fridge--the outside--which had all sorts of sticky note reminders. As I was running around like a headless chicken, putting things back in their places, I realized that
EVERY SINGLE ONE
of my closets was bursting. That only means one thing: time for another round of dejunking. The plan is
1 closet or surface a day
everyday until they're done. What do you think? Anyone want to join me on this
SPRING CLEAN
for the next few weeks? Only 18 days until spring officially ends. By the way, my kitchen counter has been completely clear for over 48 hours--its amazing!

7 comments:

Libby said...

I should do that too, but I just don't think I have it in me. Maybe someday...

Jamie said...

Come on Lib, aren't you suppose to be getting into that nesting phase :) Maybe your just not quite to that magical time yet.

Cathy said...

sign me up

Trueman twins said...

You go girl!

Jen said...

I've been trying for a few weeks now to get the blinds and windows cleaned as well as the carpets (neither have been cleaned since we moved in 2 years ago and I don't know how long before (although, they looked really good, so I'm assuming they were cleaned when they house went up for sale). Maybe when the kids are out of school and I'm not running around helping with Mountain Man Rendevouzs, pioneer field trips, and field days...hahaha. I always think it's going to be less busy and crazy later and it NEVER is!

Tami said...

It's tempting . . . I'll have to think about this one before I commit. :)

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I just helped someone who is moving to box up some belongings. She is very organized and the boxing went very quickly. It made me want to come home and act like I was moving, just to get rid of all the junk. I think I will accept your challenge of one closet or one surface a day. I don't know if I will be able to contain myself.