Monday, September 29, 2008

The everyday conversation

Just about everyday on our way home from dropping off Alex at school (the bus driver of the bus Alex is supposed to take is not the cleanest looking person and insists on buckling the kids in their seats) Grant and I have the following conversation:

Grant: Where Alets doe Mom? (where did Alex go mom)

Me: Alex is at school

Grant: Huh?

Me: remember we just dropped him off?

Grant: Huh mom?

Me: Alex went to school?

Grant: Huh?

Me: Alex--school (thinking maybe fewer words will get the point across)

Grant: huh?

Me: I say nothing (sometimes its just easier to say nothing--this however does not work at the beginning of the conversation)

Grant: Alets at paygwoun (playground)?

Me: yes he plays at the playground until the teacher calls the class in.

Grant: oh ... Mom where Daedee (Katie) doe?

The conversation goes on and on. There are a few different variations of this conversation. Sometimes Grant substitutes the word huh? with why? We usually discuss where the whole family is before we make it home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing things Grant says and does (well, and of course all of your kids). They really make my day!

kimberly said...

So cute! I love how toddlers talk!

Diana said...

Any story about Grant makes me smile.

Jan said...

I love little kid lingo! It's so funny! I'm in nursery and I'm laughing every Sunday :)