Friday, September 19, 2008

LOVIN THE SHUFFLE


Carl got me a little ipod shuffle for our anniversary. Its been the best thing. There's nothing like turning on the shuffle when:

  • I'm out for a jog-I can't even hear myself breath, which I'm pretty sure makes me jog a lot longer.
  • I need to make dinner-music makes the things I loathe a lot more enjoyable
  • My two-year-old is throwing a fit-I can just watch and don't have to hear a bit of it
  • I'm doing projects while Grant is sleeping-podcasts are great at a time like this

The kids also love the shuffle-pictured here is my nephew Titus. It seems he was listening to a very serious podcast.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

That picture is priceless! I recently bought a shuffle and little Jesus has decided that it's now his. I bought him this monkey that actually are speakers, and he plays with them all of the time. I think shuffles are the best invention to get kids...and myself...distracted.:)

leigh said...

hmmm . . . i didn't really think i should get one to block out the kids, because i figured someone needs to hear them, but if you use one for that . . . (only for tantrums of course.)

Andy said...

haha I love the picture!

emily said...

oh titus! could he look any more like papa? :)

smart mama said...

i love my ipod it improves many a painting

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I love my (well, really Howard's) iPod! I use it to run to, mow the lawn to, run errands (we have an adapter in our van), pretty much anything. I love the look on your son's face! It pretty much says,"Back off! It is my turn!"

Anonymous said...

I love my nano. It is so great! I take it on my walks, which are sadly..few and far between. I have to recommend the "This American Life" podcast. It is on itunes from NPR every Friday. It is ecclectic and refreshing and I love it!! If you need something different this is definitely it. I miss the walks we used to take in high school :)