Monday, September 8, 2008

Hooray Kindergarten

Alex is pictured here in his "I'm a little nervous" look

Alex finally started kindergarten on Friday. While the kids played on the kindergarten playground, waiting for school to start I said, "Alex I'm going to leave now. We'll see you later." I reached out to give him a hug and he turned right around and walked away. No hug, not even a "goodbye." Of course it wasn't too shocking since he very rarely actually responds to anything anyone says. So I left happy knowing he'd be learning things like how to write in lowercase, how to play well with others and how to respond when spoken to.
YAY KINDERGARTEN!

5 comments:

LL said...

FUNNY!!!
this post made me feel better, I'm glad my kindergartener isn't the only one to ignore others.
Good stuff. hope he loves it!!!

Leah said...

Yippee for kindergarten! How's it going with only 1 kiddo at home?

Jamie said...

Since that one kiddo naps while Alex is at school--its wonderful. Two hours of freedom.

Swimmingmom said...

Awww,he's so grown up! Cute little guy. Hope he loves K! Hey, what's his teacher's name?

Jamie said...

Miss Emily. She was a new kindergarten teacher last year so you might not know her. But the other kindergarten teacher is still here--I don't know her name.