Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh Granty Boy








Oh Granty Boy
Your mom, your mom is calling
from room to room and down the hallway
Your brothers gone and all the house is quiet
Tis you tis you must sleep--I'll have a break.
But come ye out when you are nice and pleasant
To see my happy smiling face
And I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow.
Oh Granty Boy Oh Granty Boy I love you so.

And when you come make sure that you are rested
Then I can be my very nicest self
We'll read some books and then we'll cut some paper
Then sit and sing some funny songs with me.
And I will watch you playing without tantrum
And I shall hear you talking nicely too
For now I'll bend and tell you that I love you
Oh Granty sleep Oh Granty sleep until about 3:00

Adapted from one of my favorite songs "Oh Danny Boy"








11 comments:

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I love to make changes in songs to fit my situations in life. I love sleeping children. I am glad that their little bodies need rest, because I need that moment to see their bodies at rest and their spirit shining through. Children have such a glow to them when they are peacefully sleeping.

Jamie, you make my days happy with your postings.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jamie, That is priceless--your "new" song and the sleeping Grant.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me.

Cheri said...

What a sweet little boy! Those are great pictures and what a treasure to remember.

Tami said...

I love that song Jamie--both versions. I love your creativity!

Libby said...

What a cutie!

You are such a fun Mom!

Trueman twins said...

Great job on the lyrics. Did he sleep until 3??
Hey you inspired me from your daydreaming mom post. When the kids went out to play today I called out the window, "Hey do you want me to come out and play hide and go seek?" Alexander answered, "Really mom?" Sad, but true, but also lots of fun! Thanks!!

Christy said...

What a sweet little song...and a sweet little sleeping boy! We are DONE with naps now..so sad. You are always in you "nicest self" mode!

By the way, congrats on Alex, the big K man now!

Swimmingmom said...

Wow, he's really growing up. I didn't even recognize him! Yay for naps. We finally transitioned to one nap earlier this month. I like having the longer stretch together. Can't even imagine life without a naptime!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so true. Thank goodness for afternoon kindergarten so I can get a little break with the other two sleeping. When Seb grows out of his naps I am so done for :)

birdeeb said...

That's so cute ;o) My kids & I like to make up words to songs too...and you know the primary song, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home?" Actually I think it's called, "Father's Homecoming." Anyway I made up the words for bathtime/bedtime....

"I'm ready for Benjamin to get out of the tub...I clap my hands & say GET OUT! or I will spank your bum...get your towel all wet cause then that will mean your dry...brush your teeth & get your jammas on....and close your eyes!"

Ben loves it...especially the part where I clap my hands & point at him when I say get out or I will spank your bum haha! I find he makes up words to songs too & I just love it!