Thursday, July 17, 2008

QUINGIE



One of the nice things about living here is getting to see more family. Quingie is what we've always called my grandma. I'm glad I got a chance to visit her a few times before she passed away last weekend. She was great! She must have felt pretty miserable during the last few months but she never let on. She giggled as she told me, "I've seen better days." She made a joke of losing her hearing and memory--just a downright positive person. Usually a bawler at funerals, somehow I don't feel really sad about Quingie. I'm happy she gets to be with her husband James McQueen who died over 22 years ago.




Hopefully when I reach the age of 89 I'll be just like Quingie.

6 comments:

The Howard Bolton Family said...

What a lot of wonderful memories you must have. I hope I reach 89 and have something of value to share!

Tami said...

What a nice tribute to your grandma--she sounds like a really neat person!

Cheri said...

That's great that it was one of those "happy reunions" for her and not an incredibly sad farewell for everyone else. That always makes funerals so much more bearable. What a sweet post!

katie said...

Cute picture of you and Quingie

Jan said...

I pulled up your blog in the late afternoon of the funeral day and started bawling all over again when I saw your picture with Quingie. I wish that I had one. You both look really nice in it.

LL said...

beautiful picture Jamie. I'm happy that you were close by and able to spend time with her.
She sounds like an amazing lady!