Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 5

before
after
This project actually took a lot of time since I had to make some pretty big decisions about which sheets to throw out. I put all my sheets in a container (shelf 2 from top) and folded them in a way that I can see each set. I also moved the kids papers, magnets, coloring books etc to a shelf they could see better. Now when they whine, "mom I have nothing to do" I can refer them to the closet. I had to add a few things I didn't want the kids to play with to another closet. Playdough was dried out and all playdough toys were consolidated. You know, the only problem with dejunking is that its quite messy--piles everywhere. So not only do you have to organize a closet you also have to clean an entire room afterward, its worth the peace of mind though.

5 comments:

LL said...

ohhhh, doesn't organization feel SO good. It looks GREAT!
One of my favorite things to do is organize a closet...they never stay looking that way, so I do it again.
Nice work!!!

Leah said...

I'm so impressed with your work! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish something?!

Trueman twins said...

Wow! Pretty impressive. What has gotten you on this kick? I am usually motivated by something that I want to put off, am moving or stressed. Keep up the great work!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I have been doing some major organizing. I love to get rid of the old and make sure that even the random stuff has a place. I have so much more to do. It is amazing how clutter is like cell division--it just multiplies itself.

Congratulation on a job well done. "A house of order..."

Swimmingmom said...

All of your organization has inspired me! I cleaned out my closet this week and had 4 bags of clothes to take to the Salvation Army. I decided if I ever am that small size again, I deserve a new wardrobe. No sense in having it around to remind me how downhill I've gone.