Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miracle

Last year when we lived in Massachusetts after I had a sudden desire to move closer to home Carl told me, "The only way we are going to move is if someone offers me a job." I thought that was silly and that he might actually have to make the effort and look for a job back West. Three days later Carl was offered a job, not where we would have looked for a job but it definitely was an offer out of the blue. I was so excited and thought it was our ticket closer to home. We thought then that we could choose to stay or choose to move and it wouldn't really matter. After all, Carl had a great job in Massachusetts, where he was loved and where there was lots of opportunity for growth in the company. The company was actually growing when we moved. So here's the miracle. We moved to another great company out West and after nearly a year we found out that the company in Massachusetts closed its doors letting everyone go except for like three people to finish up the current project. Its interesting how things turn out. Looking back at how quickly everything worked out, I can't help but think its all a miracle. We have definitely been watched over. Things aren't exactly perfect. We still own a home in MA that we will most likely lose a lot of money on but things are so much better than they would have been had we stayed and Carl lost his job.

15 comments:

LL said...

LOVE hearing those stories! Count your many blessings, I'm glad you guys are happy there!

Diana said...

I would call that a miracle too! We are definitely glad you guys moved closer.

Cheri said...

I find these "coincidences" so interesting. What a blessing! I didn't know you kept your house there though.

I hope you're loving being closer to family as well. I'm sure you are!!

Charlotte said...

Heavenly Father loves you!

Swimmingmom said...

As an old friend of mine would say, "The universe is working". In my words, you have been greatly blessed. I was just wondering the other day if your house had sold. Still wish you lived in it,but glad that you are happy where you are!

emily said...

wow, that would have been devastating to have to be laid off. i'm glad that you didn't have to go through that.

nanci said...

Many times we can't see the miracles until long after they've occurred.
We miss you but we're glad things are going well for the family!

Christy said...

WOW, we never know do we! But trust in the Lord never fails us.
You guys seem very happy there, I am gad for you!

Trueman twins said...

I love how the Lord works. First a thought, than an opportunity and then in hindsight a miracle! We sure do miss you, but are so glad that your lives have been blessed.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. Was gay marriage already legal when you moved, because I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Jamie said...

Yes, gay marriage was legal then and I'm not exactly sure how that fits in anyway.

Cathy said...

Unbelieveable! I mentioned this to my husband and he said, "I thought that company was big." We were speechless when I read they closed their doors.
So glad that you are enjoying your new location. We miss you and your family but happy all has worked out for the best.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Aren't you glad when you listen to those promptings (even if you aren't sure they are promptings, maybe just feelings)? I love it when I get richly blessed for listening. I guess you can figure out what kind of child I was.

Libby said...

It's amazing to me how the Lord is in the details. We have no idea of the Lord's timing, but if we just follow all the steps the Lord shows us, everything happens at exactly the right time! Such a great testimony builder!

birdeeb said...

Oh my gosh! Great share here! I have a similar story...in UT when I worked at HyClone Laboratories I had applied to 5 different positions throughout the company & year...well I didn't get any of them. I thought...I am stuck in the warehouse forever! So a year later a company bought our company out & they started laying off people. Can you guess who they laid off?? NOT ME.....ALL 5 JOBS that I applied for! I knew right there that God was watching out for me & my family! So now when I don't get a job that I want, I think of that experience & realize...I am being blessed by not getting that job. ;o) We have to remember that the experience is for our own good... ;o)