Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I B'lieve I Can Fly

So this is not a picture of SAM, its actually Katie. She was the only one we had a picture of on kite day.

There's nothing like flying kites with the cousins on a lightly windy day. Not exactly enough wind to pick up the kites, so we had to resort to running down hills to put the kites in flight. The highlight of the afternoon was when 6 year old Sam got his kite in the air and with his hand (holding the string) held high and eyes looking skyward he sang with emotion, "I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky-y-y." It was hilarious. He clearly didn't see me laughing or I'm pretty sure he would have been embarrassed to tears.


This is Sam, wearing a size 2T costume at age 5. What a silly guy!

3 comments:

LL said...

LOVE that picture of Katie...so cute!

Swimmingmom said...

That must have been a great moment to hear him singing. When I first started reading, I was thinking, "Who in the world is sam. I'm pretty sure I know all of their kids. Hmmm":-)

leigh said...

I actually did have a picture of Sam. I thought you wanted the one of Katie, so I didn't send it. Glad you posted the frog picture. I forgot about that.