Friday, August 15, 2008

BAPTISM


We've spent the last week with a whole slew of family. The point of everyone visiting was the baptisms of Katie and her cousins Jack and Julia (traveling from Azerbaijan). By getting baptized they promised to follow Jesus Christ and keep His commandments. I'll never forget the good feeling I had as I looked around the room full of family and good friends. Hopefully Katie, Jack and Julia will remember that day for the rest of their lives.


pictured here are Jack, Katie and Julia with their dad's right before their baptisms



7 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats Katie! What an exciting day! And to share the special day with cousins!!!

Tami said...

How special and exciting! Congrats to Katie and her cousins.

Jan said...

I think it's neat that they're all so close together in age and got to all be baptized together. Out of the gajillions of our cousins, would you believe that not one was born my year? I'm jealous of these three.

Christy said...

Such a big smile from Katie and Dad!

There is a cute song on the Women of Destiny CD, "what heaven sees in you" about all the little white dresses girls go though with baby blessing, baptism, wedding...it never fails to make me cry.
Congrats Katie!

b.rad said...

What an experience to have almost all the family there... except my wife and I! That's the second time we got no invite! ouch that cuts me real deep! Maybe for the next one we will get invited....

Trueman twins said...

Congrats to Katie. What a special day to be shared with her family and a triple baptism! I love the girls in the beautiful white dresses!

Libby said...

What a fun day! And how fun to have cousins to share it with. Yay, Katie!

I remember Julia's parents from Lamaze class back in the day--tell them hi, if they remember me at all! :o)