Wednesday, August 6, 2008

THE NEXT GENERATION OF LIST MAKERS


When I was little I used to make lists all the time so it was fun to find one of Katie's lists recently.

Here's what the list above says:
Wake up
Get dressed Put my glasses on make my bed (I'm all for quick check offs like put your glasses on)
eat breakfast and brush teeth
make lunch and go to school
get chores done and ask Grant if he wants to take a bath with me
Play with Grant
Sing a song
Color a pictuer
look at the piktuer Grant made you
right on the thankful chart
tell someone you love them
give Jordan the hug of the day
eat lunch give Alex the hug of the day
have a brake (I'm definitely going to add this to my list)
right a letter to mom and dad
eat dinner
say to mom I love your shirt today (Hmmm--so that's why she always says that)
Play with Jordan or Alex
get your Pejes on (pj's)
Brush teeth
Go bed

12 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness. This is just about the best list ever. What a cute girl. I'm such a list maker... I wish I could find some from my childhood. I bet I had "put my glasses on" on there too. Katie seems like the most thoughtful girl ever.

Jan said...

That's stinking cute. Katie's more organized that I am and I'm triple her age! What do you do with things like this? How do you save it? Do you scrapbook it?

Leah said...

Way to go Katie! I should follow her example and be little more organized!

nanci said...

What a fantastic list! Way to go, Katie!

Before I read the rest of the post I enlarged the picture of her list and read it in her writing. I think it's interesting how we all know exactly what she means even though some words are spelled creatively. Like "brake" - the thought came to me that spelling it that way actually makes more sense for that meaning - put the brakes on and "STOP" what you're doing!

I miss your family! The children have all changed so much and it hasn't even been a full year yet!

Jamie said...

Jan, I usually write a name and date on papers I want to keep and then file them. I'm way behind on my scrapbooks and will give this to Katie to scrapbook when she's older and thinks its cute. Right now she's ready to throw it away--which makes confiscation easier. Hey, can you tell your sisters I went public.

Jamie said...

Nanci, we miss you guys too and hope to see you sometime in the next ten years! Any chance you'll be coming out this way? Just kidding--we'll most likely have to come back out to sell the house or something in the next few years.

Libby said...

What a great list! She's so thoughtful. I love that she included kind things to do for everyone. It's clearly important to her. Don't you love it when kids do things to show you what a good Mom you are!

Tami said...

That is so adorable! What a sweet, sweet girl. You better save this list!

Christy said...

That is the most adorable list!!! Those organizational skills will be so handy in her future.., I love how she thought to include everyone in the family, even herself, that is how we should all look at our days.

smart mama said...

she's already got some good skills there

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Love the list--especially the "say to mom, I love your shirt"!!!

birdeeb said...

I like the sing a song one...so cute!