Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting the Brain Back

I noticed a couple of days ago that after a short 2 1/2 years since Grant was born I have actually acquired more brain. You know how a portion of your brain goes under construction after having a child and you do silly things like forget about doctor's appointments, place the cheese in the cupboard instead of the fridge and go downstairs to retrieve something forgetting what it was you were looking for by the time you get there? Well I was thinking that was going to last for the rest of my life but hooray I can actually remember some things without even writing them down. Just yesterday I remembered to write a check to someone well before the deadline--amazing. I have also remembered as I've been going out the door about odds and ends to deliver on my way to running errands--miraculous. My memory still isn't at its peak but I'm glad that its improving and one day might be totally back to normal. I'm afraid the history of normal in my family is still slightly absent minded but better than being doomed to having lost many a brain cell never to be retrieved again.

6 comments:

Diana said...

I still forget too much. I used to remember things without writing down too much. Not anymore, oh well.

Tami said...

You've given hope to mothers everywhere Jamie!

Christy said...

My only pride in memory is that I haven't forgotten a child anywhere. Just about everything else though..
What if a 5th comes??? (just a thought) Will all your progress be erased?

Jodi said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you said that! I forget what it's like to not forget things! You have made my day! Jodi

smart mama said...

I am stillinthe loss stage- seriously- it comes of sleep deprivation...only to now get worse!

Stephanie said...

I'm with smart mama. I forget more, walk around in a daze when I get less sleep. You'd think with my youngest at 10 that wouldn't happen, but you'd be wrong. I only got 6 hours last night and it wasn't quality, so I'll be walking into the laundry room wondering why I'm in the laundry room. I like your blog, Jamie. You are inspiring me to be a better Mom.