Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WOOHOO!



YAY for SCHOOL! I was so excited for school to start today. Yippee! The house was quiet and the little boys were nice to each other all day. Everything was nice and smooth until the kids came home at around 1pm. So why start school if you're going to have half days for the whole first week? Oh well! The peace will come again tomorrow. Its not that I don't like any one of my kids, its that they're pretty wild all together. I'm sure its about 95% due to my lack of mothering creativity--I'm going to work on that in my spare quiet hours. 10 more days until Alex starts kindergarten. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Nap time during kindergarten will be absolute bliss.

6 comments:

Andy said...

haha Katie's backpack is almost as big as she is! Do they carry a lot?

Andy said...

i mean do the kids have to carry a lot...not the backpacks :-)

Jamie said...

Katie had almost nothing in her backpack it just looks big. Since it has so many dang pockets I'm sure it will eventually get heavier--she's quite the crammer of papers, clothes, and snacks. We're going to work on that this year. When I say, "Katie is there anything in your backpack" she's going to empty every nook and cranny

Diana said...

They look pretty happy to be going back. I am still getting used to the kids being at school from 8-2:15. I guess because I get a slow start in the morning. I need some of that early morning productivity. How do you do that anyway?

Jamie said...

Diana--I'ts been hard to get up early since Olympics (and Breaking Dawn) was keeping me up so late so I've only just today gotten up early. The key is to just do it once and don't take a nap during the day. Then you'll be tired and want to go to bed early and it gets easier and easier to wake up early. You just have to stick with it for a few weeks and then hopefully it will be a habit. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

The only bad thing is when kids start waking up with you--I hate that.

Trueman twins said...

What a great day that will be when 3 are in school and 1 is in bed! Take some time for yourself and do something that you have been wanting to do for a while, but kept putting off! AND don't feel guilty about it! You deserve a break! I think this will help with the getting the brain back issue too! btw-I think your brain is great. I'm not going there again...