Wednesday, August 6, 2008

GARDEN JOB CHART



Sometimes I find it beneficial to clean as a family for 15 minutes in the morning and night instead of giving the kids individual jobs. They seem to work much better if they know they will be an end to their cleaning. Since its hard for the kids to think of jobs that need to be done so I made this chart. Every morning and evening I can quickly empty the slots (just slits in the paper with an exacto knife) of the jobs that need to be done then the kids can put the flowers back in the slots when the job is done. I'm hoping the bite size jobs will be less overwhelming than our current cleaning situation and that putting the flowers in the slots will make cleaning more fun for kids like Alex (who hates cleaning). I'm also expecting that this chart will help me to remember all the things I want to get done. (Its probably a little hard for some of you more organized people to believe but I forget about making dinner at least 3 days a week.) I'm such a nicer mom and much more productive when the house is clean so hopefully this chart works out.

3 comments:

Libby said...

looks like a great idea! I actually forget about making dinner nearly every night... We may have to try that.

Cheri said...

You're so full of good ideas. I just cleaned the house (by myself) again, and realize that things need to change as it just gets harder (and dirtier). Love the bday party post too. What a way to eliminate all the anxiety leading up to a party!

sara said...

Hi Jamie! Kate just told me a couple days ago that you "went public." That garden chart is a great idea. Also, 15 minutes morning and night is a great idea! Now that school has started, that would really help the kids to get their chores done and not leave them all for Saturdays. You have some cute kids!